Silica Testing Services
Silica Testing services
Crystalline silica is a mineral found in the earth’s crust. Millions of U.S. workers are exposed to silica in a variety of occupations like construction and mining. Exposure to silica dust can lead to the development of Silicosis, an irreversible disease. The important thing to note about this disease is that it is preventable. By implementing safety measures in the workplace and performing routine testing, you are taking the necessary preventative steps to ensure the health and safety of your employees.
The OSHA compliance exams consist of:
- A medical and work history that emphasizes past, present, and anticipated exposure to respirable crystalline silica, dust, and other agents affecting the respiratory system; any history of respiratory system dysfunction (signs and symptoms of respiratory disease such as shortness of breath, cough, wheezing, etc.); history of tuberculosis; and smoking status and history;
- A physical examination with special emphasis on the respiratory system;
- A chest X-ray with interpretation by a certified B-reader;
- A pulmonary function test administered by a spirometry technician with a current certificate from a NIOSH-approved spirometry course;
- Testing for latent tuberculosis infection; and
- Any other tests deemed appropriate by the medical professional.
Just like our other mobile testing and screening services, our ability to deliver silica testing services directly to you can help maximize employee productivity without having to spend the money to send them off-site for testing.
We have comfortable, private mobile testing units that eliminate the inconvenience of having to send employees to clinics. After all necessary examinations are conducted on-site, your employees will be able to return to work quickly. Bio-Care is here to promote employee wellness, keep businesses in compliance with OSHA regulations, and provide convenient medical screening solutions.
Let Bio-Care show you how we can improve and manage your regulatory programs allowing you to save both time and money. Bio-Care primarily operates in the Great Lakes region. Contact Bio-Care at (800) 694-6240 to see how we can help improve your programs today!